Spring Green Detox Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 large leeks, well cleaned and thinly chopped
- (about 2-3 cups)
- 4 cups water or stock
- 5 cups freshly shelled peas or
- two 10-ounce packages frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped spring greens (spinach, arugula, etc)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the butter or oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- Add the stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender. (Frozen peas will take only 2 minutes.)
- Turn off the heat and add the greens, mint, salt, and pepper.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or stand blender.
- Serve warm (though this particular soup is also tasty cold).