Vegan Nacho Sauce
This is a vegan version of the melted nacho cheese dip that you might get at a movie theater or other event, often served with corn chips and jalapenos. It is a winner with kids, and I like to serve it with enchiladas and chili potatoes.
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 cup(s) Raw cashews Soaked for at least an hour beforehand
- 4 ounce(s) roasted red peppers From a jar
- 1 cup(s) Nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cumin heaping
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 5-6 minutes.
Can be stored in serving size containers in the freezer, and defrosted in microwave or on stovetop before serving.
Click here for a printable version.